The use of urban wastewater in agriculture is receiving renewed attention, with the increasing scarcity of fresh water resources in many arid and semi-arid regions of the world. Wastewater is a low-cost alternative to conventional irrigation water, although it may carry health and environmental risks.
This book critically reviews experience worldwide of these issues. Emphasis is placed on untreated wastewater use by means of field-based case studies from Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America. It brings together a range of perspectives including economic, health, agronomic, environmental, institutional, and policy dimensions
About The Author:
Liqa Raschid-Sally is a Senior Scientist at the IWMI, Ghana.
Table Of Contents:
• Wastewater Use in Irrigated Agriculture: Management Challenges in Developing Countries
• A Framework for a Global Assessment of the Extent of Wastewater Irrigation: The Need for a Common Wastewater Typology
• A Sustainable Livelihoods Approach for Action Research on Wastewater Use in Agriculture
• Health Guidelines for the Use of Wastewater in Agriculture: Developing Realistic Guidelines
• A Fresh Look at Microbial Guidelines for Wastewater Irrigation in Agriculture: A Risk-assessment and Cost-effectiveness Approach
• Wastewater Irrigation - Hazard or Lifeline? Empirical Results from Nairobi, Kenya and Kumasi, Ghana
• National Assessments on Wastewater Use in Agriculture and an Emerging Typology: The Vietnam Case Study
• Wastewater Use in Pakistan: The Cases of Haroonabad and Faisalabad
• Agricultural Use of Untreated Urban Wastewater in Ghana
• Untreated Wastewater Use in Market Gardens: A Case Study of Dakar, Senegal
• Wastewater Irrigation in Vadodara, Gujarat, India: Economic Catalyst for Marginalized Communities
• The Use of Wastewater in Cochabamba, Bolivia: A Degrading Environment
• Treatment Plant Effects on Wastewater Irrigation Benefits: Revisiting a Case Study in the Guanajuato River Basin, Mexico
• From Wastewater Reuse to Water Reclamation: Progression of Water Reuse Standards in Jordan
• Treated Wastewater Use in Tunisia: Lessons Learned and the Road Ahead
• Confronting the Realities of Wastewater Use in Irrigated Agriculture: Lessons Learned and Recommendations
• Appendix 1: The Hyderabad Declaration on Wastewater Use in Agriculture
|Book:||Wastewater Use In Irrigated Agriculture: Confronting The Livelihood And Environmental Realities|
|Author:||Christopher Scott Liqa Raschid-Sally Naser Faruqui|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.