Video Compression for Flash, Apple Devices and HTML5: Sorenson Media Edition, is a professional reference for producers seeking to distribute video over the Internet and to mobile devices—particularly Apple iDevices. Unlike the retail edition, this version contains specific instruction for using Sorenson Squeeze, Sorenson 360 and Squeeze Server and is designed for those using those tools.
Content included in the retail edition that are not included in the Sorenson Media edition include chapters on live production and choosing an online video platforms, as well as instruction on encoding tools like Telestream Episode, the Adobe Media Encoder and Apple Compressor.
In this book, you will learn:
• The fundamentals of video streaming and compression, including adaptive streaming • H.264 encoding parameters using Sorenson Squeeze • The resolutions and data rates used by US and European media and prominent B2B and B2C sites, so you can configure your streaming video accordingly • How to encode for iTunes distribution to iDevices from iPods to the iPad 2 • The critical differences between the key adaptive streaming technologies—including HTTP Live Streaming, Dynamic Streaming and Smooth Streaming—and how to encode for distribution via these techniques • How to accelerate video encoding on multiple-core workstations and LAN clusters • Which streaming file analysis tools provide the most important feedback. • How to create and configure Squeeze presets for producing H.264, VP6, WebM and VC-1 formats • How to upload, encode, manage your content and configure your player in Sorenson 360. • How to operate Squeeze Server, including creating presets, setting up watch folders, managing queues and an introduction to the programming API.
About the Author:
Jan Ozer has produced and encoded video since the CD-ROM days (1992) and has taught courses in video and streaming production since 1994—most recently at Streaming Media Seminars in New York, San Jose, Los Angeles and London, and for private organizations like Cisco, Lockheed and Johns Hopkins University. Jan was named a Streaming Media All Star in 2010. Jan has written or co-authored 14 books on digital video related topics, including the Hands-On Guide to Flash Video: Web Video and Flash Media Server with Stefan Richter.
|Book:||Video Compression for Flash, Apple Devices and HTML5: The Sorenson Media Edition|
|Number of Pages:||244|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.