Situated Literacies is a rich and varied collection of key writings from leading international scholars in the field of literacy. Each contribution, written in a clear, accessible style, makes the link between literacies in specific contexts and broader social practices.
Detailed ethnographic studies of a wide variety of specific situations, all involving real texts and lived practices, are balanced with general claims about the nature of literacy. Contributors address a coherent set of issues:
* the visual and material aspects of literacy
* concepts of time and space in relation to literacy
* the functions of literacies in shaping and sustaining identities in communities of practice
* the relationship between texts and the practices associated with their use
the role of discourse analysis on literacy studies
These studies, along with a foreword by Denny Taylor, make a timely and important contribution to literacy theory and suggest directions for the further development of the field. Situated Literacies is essential reading for anyone involved in literary education.
|Book:||Situated Literacies: Reading And Writing In Context|
|Author:||David Barton(Editor) Mary Hamilton(Editor) Roz Ivanic(Editor)|
|Publisher:||Tata McGraw Hill Education|
|Number of Pages:||240|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.