This book explores the challenging issues associated with complementary and alternative medicine in the context of the social, political and cultural influences that shape people's health.
Divided clearly into three sections, this book:
Together with its accompanying text, Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Structures and Safeguards, it forms the core text for the Open University course K221 Perspectives on Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Table Of Contents:
1. Changing Perspectives 2. Can Complementary and Alternative Medicine be Classified? 3. Political and Historical Perspectives 4. Ethics in Complementary and Alternative Medicine 5. Complementary and Alternative Medicine and Mental Health 6. Understanding Health and Healing 7. Understanding Why People Use Complementary and Alternative Medicine 8. The Therapeutic Relationship and Complementary Alternative Medicine 9. Critical Issues in the Therapeutic Relationship 10. CAM in Supportive and Palliative Cancer Care 11. Traditional, Folk and Cultural Perspectives of CAM 12. Investigating Patterns of Provision and Use of CAM 13. Cash and CAM: The Private Sector and CAM Practice 14. Integration of CAM with Mainstream Services 15. Information Sources and Complementary and Alternative Medicine
|Book:||Perspectives On Complementary And Alternative Medicine|
|Author:||G. Lee-Treweek Geraldine Lee-Treweek(Editor) Tom Heller(Editor)|
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis, Inc.|
|Number of Pages:||424|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.