Human Resource Management has become a key function in Management Process and he importance it has received after the liberalisation of the economic policy of the government has given a booster thrust to the subject. The Indian managers have accepted the challenges of the changed times and business environment brought out by the "Globalisation of Business".
- Dr. C. B. Memoria`s book on "Personnel Management" has been accepted for over past 30 years as a comprehensive Text Book on the subject in Indian universities and is a master piece.
- This 21st revised edition has been updated and beings forth the latest techniques and practices in the subject. This edition also covers the modern concepts on Management of Human Resources.
- The book contains fresh approaches and concepts on Personnel Human Resources Management and includes Case studies that make the subject interesting and more useful.
- The new philosophy Human Resource Management and Development has been given due importance and emphasis.
- The book will continue to be useful to students of MBA, MPM, MHRDM, MA (PM & IR) and students of Graduate and under graduate level.
About The Author: Dr. C.B. Mamoria
was head of the department of Commerce and Management Studies at the University of Udaipur. Late Dr. Mamoria was also Professor of Business Administration. An authority on the subject, he contributed original ideas that formed part of his philosophy, well received in reputed seats of learning in India and abroad.
Among the numbers of classic works, to recall a couple are ?dynamics of Industrial Relations?, ?Business Planning and Policy?. A beacon light to the subjective seeker, although no more amongst us, has left behind his master works, now carried on in perpetuity. Prof. S.V. Gankar,
B.Sc., L.L.B., P.G.D.P.M., has been an associate faculty in well known and reputed management institutes in Mumbai and Pune. He has been a practicing Manager and Consultant in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations.
He has wide experience in the field of Human Resources Management and has worked in reputed companies in India. His professional career spans over 35 years.
Professor Gankar is a professional trainer and a teacher of repute and has authored books on industrial Relations and Personnel Management. Table of Contents
- SECTION I PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- Personnel Management
- Functions of Personnel Management
- Personnel Policies, Procedures and Programmes
- Growth Philosophy and Principles
- Personnel Management in India
- Organisational Structure
- Personnel Records, Reports, Audit and Research
- SECTION II EMPLOYMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF PERSONNEL
- Human Resource Planning
- Recruitment and Selection Process
- Psychological Testing, Interviews, Placement and Induction
- Promotions, transfers, Separation, Absenteeism and turnover
- Employee Training
- Executive Development
- Performance Appraisal
- SECTION III WAGE AND SALARY ADMINISTRATION
- Job Evaluation techniques
- Wage and Salary Administration
- Rewards and Incentives
- Employee Benefits and Employee services
- SECTION IVHUMAN RELATION
- Group Dynamics
- Human Relations
- Human Needs
- Motivation Theories and Models
- Employee Morale
- Management of Grievances
- Management of Grievances
- SECTION V EMPLOYEE SAFETY AND INDUSTRIAL HEALTH AND LABOUR MANAGEMENT RELATIONS
- Employee Safety and Industrial Health
- Industrial Dispute
- Industrial Relations
- Trade Unions
- SECTION VI HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Human Resource Management and Economics Liberalisation
- Human Resource Accounting
- Human Resource Audit
- Human Resource Research
- Exit Policy-Its Effects
- The Job and the Challenges Cases