Let's face it-the work world is tough. There are a million other young women out there who do what you do, just as well as you do it. Competition for the best jobs is fierce, office politics are tougher than you thought, and the road to success is not always an easy one.
So how will you handle the pressure of your first real job and climb the ladder to success?
Through interviews with some of the best and brightest businesswomen in the country such as Soledad O'Brien, anchor of CNN's American Morning, and Jill Herzig, executive editor of Glamour magazine, meticulous research, and one-on-one chats with hundreds of New Girls starting out in their careers, New Girl on the Job provides you with all of the information you always wanted to know about workplace success but were afraid to ask. Inside, you'll find valuable tips and information you can put to use right away:
• Assistantized-How not to get stuck with all the administrative tasks
• The Sweet Spot-Finding the middle ground between bitch and doormat
• It's Just Business-How to develop the ultimate office tool-a thick skin
• Mistakes Happen-How to deal with them when they do
• Perpetual Perfectionist-Why staying late at the office could sabotage your career
Hannah Seligson was a new girl on the job-and then she got fired. As she searched for answers and support about workplace success, she realized there was no book that encompassed all of the very commons questions and issues young women face in today's workforce. So she decided to write one herself.
Ms. Seligson is a 2004 graduate of Brown University. She is currently a freelance journalist in New York. Her work has appeared in The New York Post, The Daily News, The Village Voice, and The Huffington Post. She is currently working on her second book. <%END_COMM_GRP%>
The right advice at the start of your career can make the difference between mediocre and exceptional success. Invest in yourself by taking Hannah's experiences to heart. (Tory Johnson, CEO, Women for Hire, and workplace contributor, ABC's Good Morning America)
This is your Cliff's Notes for breaking into the workforce and staying there. I wish I had this book when I moved to New York as a young freelancer. (Bobbi Brown, founder and CEO of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics)
|Book:||New Girl On The Job|
|Publisher:||Kensington Publishing Corp.|
|Number of Pages:||256|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.