Rules and laws strictly governed people's lives in the Middle Ages. Failure to observe any law could lead to imprisonment, torture, or even death. Medieval Laws and Punishment details the laws that kept order, who was responsible for enforcing the law and carrying out punishments, and what would happen to people who took the law into their own hands. Topics include
- laws for a family, children, and women
- going to court
- life in medieval prison
- keepers of the law
- fees, fines, and taxes
- medieval punishments, including the stocks and pillory, being outlawed, and hangings
|Book:||Medieval Law And Punishment: In The Middle Ages (Medieval World)|
|Publisher:||Crabtree Publishing Company|
|Number of Pages:||32|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.