Concerns about the effects of global climate change have focused attention on the vulnerability of circumpolar regions. This book offers a synthesis of the spectrum of techniques available for generating long-term environmental records from circumpolar lakes
Table Of Contents:
1. Paleolimnological research in polar regions: An introduction. Reinhard Pienitz, Marianne S.V. Douglas and John P. Smol
2. Geochronology of high latitude lake sediments. Alexander P. Wolfe, Gifford H. Miller, Carrie A. Olsen, Steven L. Forman, Peter T. Doran and Sofia U. Holmgren
3. Physical and chemical properties and proxies of high latitude lake sediments. Scott F. Lamoureux and Robert Gilbert
4. Palynology of North American arctic lakes. Konrad Gajewski and Glen M. MacDonald
5. Algal indicators of environmental change in arctic and antarctic lakes and ponds. Marianne S.V. Douglas, Paul B. Hamilton, Reinhard Pienitz and John P. Smol
6. Aquatic invertebrates and high latitude paleolimnology. Ole Bennike, Klaus P. Brodersen, Erik Jeppesen and Ian R. Walker
7. Use of water isotope tracers in high latitude hydrology and paleohydrology. Thomas W.D. Edwards, Brent B. Wolfe, John J. Gibson and Dan Hammarlund
8. Lake sediments as records of arctic and antarctic pollution. Derek C.G. Muir and Neil L. Rose
9. Paleolimnology of the middle and high Canadian Arctic. Alexander P. Wolfe and I. Rod Smith
10. Paleolimnology of the North American Subarctic. Bruce P. Finney, Kathleen Rühland, John P. Smol and Marie-Andrée Fallu
11. Holocene paleolimnology of Greenland and the North Atlantic islands (north of 60°N). N. John Anderson, David B. Ryves, Marianne Grauert and Suzanne McGowan
12. Paleolimnological research from northern Russian Eurasia. Glen M. MacDonald, Thomas W.D. Edwards, Bruce Gervais, Tamsin E. Laing, Michael F.J. Pisaric, David F. Porinchu, Jeffrey A. Snyder, Nadia Solovieva, Pavel Tarasov and Brent B. Wolfe
13. Paleolimnological studies in arctic Fennoscandia and the Kola Peninsula (Russia). Atte Korhola and Jan Weckström
14. Paleolimnological studies from the Antarctic and subantarctic islands. Dominic A. Hodgson, Peter T. Doran, Donna Roberts and Andrew McMinn
15. Paleolimnology of extreme cold terrestrial and extraterrestrial environments. Peter T. Doran, John C. Priscu, W. Berry Lyons, Ross D. Powell, Dale T. Andersen and Robert J. Poreda
16. Epilogue: Paleolimnological research from arctic and antarctic regions. Reinhard Pienitz, Marianne S.V. Douglas and John P. Smol
|Book:||Long-Term Environmental Change In Arctic And Antarctic Lakes|
|Author:||John P. Smol(Editor) Marianne S.V. Douglas(Editor) Reinhard Pienitz(Editor)|
|Number of Pages:||562|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.