The Heroes Behind the Conservative Movement
We all know about Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan, but who knows about Holmes Tuttle, Henry Regnery, and Antony Fisher? Yet it was devoted conservatives like Tuttle, Regnery, and dozens of others, who paved the way for leaders like Goldwater and Reagan by financing and helping to create a conservative movement of ideas and people. In Funding Fathers, authors Ron Robinson and Nicole Hoplin tell the untold, behind-the-scenes stories of the men and women who made the conservative movement the giant force it is today. In Funding Fathers, you'll learn:
* How a chicken egg smuggler created one of the most influential economic institutes in the world
* How three California businessmen propelled Ronald Reagan into America's political consciousness* How William F. Buckley Jr. turned a book deal and a $100,000 investment into one of the most influential publications of our time
* How "Spike" Hennessy helped resurrect Hillsdale College* Why Clarence Manion was the father of The Conscience of a Conservative
About The Author:Ron Robinson is the president of Young America's Foundation. TIME referred to Robinson as one of the "seasoned generals of the right," leading a diverse and well funded" generation of conservatives who are "winning battles on campus." Robinson is a native of Buffalo, New York. He received a B.A. degree in political science at Canisius College and a J.D. at The Catholic University of America. Robinson has served as executive director of Young Americans for Freedom, president of the United States Youth Council, and president of the International Youth Year Commission. He was an advisor to the U.S. Department of Education during the Reagan Administration. In addition, he serves as an advisor to some of the nation's leading philanthropic organizations, including the Phillips Foundation, the Strong Charitable Trust, and the D.J. Findlay Foundation.
Nicole Hoplin is the director of foundation relations for Young America's Foundation and is a member of the Reagan Ranch Board of Governors. Hoplin is a Truman Scholar and holds bachelor degrees in political science and psychology from St. Olaf College and a Master of Public Policy degree from the University of Minnesota. In 2001, Hoplin co-authored a publication for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs on the effectiveness of an intergovernmental rural development partnership. She has also previously served as editor of a quarterly publication, Libertas. Nicole Hoplin lives in New York City.
|Book:||Funding Fathers: The Unsung Heroes Of The Conservative Movement|
|Author:||Nicole Hoplin Ron Robinson|
|Number of Pages:||248|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.