Financial Management: Theory and Practice celebrates the 20th Anniversary of its publication. Over these two decades, Indian business and finance have considerably changed owing to deregulation, liberalisation, privatisation, globalisation, and the ascendance of the services sector. The book has kept pace with these changes and captures the central themes and concerns of corporate financial management-making it both contemporary and comprehensive.
The book seek to:
Build understanding of the central ideas and theories of modern finance; develop familiarity with the analytical techniques helpful in financial decision making; furnish institutional material relevant for understanding the environment in which financial decisions are taken; Discuss the practice of financial management.
Notable changes in this edition:
Two new chapters-?Performance Measurement and Balanced Scorecard? and `Financial Management in Intangible-Intensive Companies?.
Eight mini-cases on ? Analysing Financial Performance; The Time Value of Money; Estimation of Cash Flows; Risk Analysis and Capital Budgeting; The Cost of Capital; Credit Management; Corporate Valuation; and Mergers, Acquisitions and Restructuring.
About the Author:
Dr Prasanna Chandra, Director of Centre for Financial Management, is an MBA and PhD (Finance). He has about four decades of teaching experience in postgraduate and executive education programmes. He was a Professor of Finance at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore for nearly two decades, and Visiting Professor of Finance at Southern Illinois University, USA, for two years.
He was appointed as a member of several committees including the Capital Issues Advisory Committee, the High Powered Committee on Insurance Sector Reforms, and the SEBI Committee on Derivatives. He has served or is serving on the boards of a number of organizations including Power Finance Corporation, Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited, Unit Trust of India, Investment Advisory Services Limited, Inter-Connected Stock Exchange of India, IFCI, IIM (B) , ICFAI, Templeton Mutual Fund, Bangalore Stock Exchange Limited, and Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited. He has been a consultant to many organizations.
Dr Chandra has conducted executive seminars for a number of organizations like INDAL, Infosys, Tata Motors, ITC, NIIT, Tata Steel, Sasken Communications, TATA-IBM, Tata Power, BHEL, Bharat Shell, ANZ Grindlays, HMT, Canara Bank, Vysya Bank, ONGC, Wipro, GAIL, Microsoft, Motorola, and Hindustan Unilever.
His other books include Financial Management: Theory and Practice, Investment, Analysis and Portfolio Management, Managing Investments, Finance Sense, Fundamentals of Financial Management, and Valuation of Equity Shares. He has authored over 70 articles in professional journals and business periodicals. Dr Chandra has been a Fulbright Scholar and a UNDP Fellow. He has received several honours including the Best Teacher Award from the Association of Indian Management Schools.
Table of Content:
Part I: Introduction
1. Financial Management: An Overview
2. The Financial System
3. Financial Statements, Taxes, and Cash Flow
Part II: Financial Analysis and Planning
4. Analysing Financial Performance
5. Break-Even Analysis and Leverages
6. Financial Planning and Forecasting
Part III: Fundamental Valuation Concepts
7. The Time Value Money
8. Valuation of Bonds and Stocks
9. Risk and Return
10. Options and Their Valuation
Part IV: Capital Budgeting
11. Techniques of Capital Budgeting
12. Estimation of Project Cash Flows
13. Risk Analysis in Capital Budgeting
14. The Cost of Capital
15. Capital Budgeting: Extensions
Part V: Long-Term Financing
16. Market Efficiency and Financing Decision
17. Sources of Long-Term Finance
18. Raising Long-Term Finance
Part VI: Capital Structure and Dividend Policies
19. Capital Structure and Firm Value
20. Capital Structure Decision
21. Dividend Policy and Firm Value
22. Dividend Decision
Part VII: Debt and Hybrid Financing
23. Debt Analysis and Management
24. Leasing, Hire-Purchase, and Project Finance
25. Hybrid Financing
Part VIII: Working Capital Management
26. Working Capital Policy
27. Cash and Liquidity Management
28. Credit Management
29. Inventory Management
30. Working Capital Financing
31. Working Capital Management Extensions
Part IX: Corporate Valuation, Restructuring and Value Creation
32. Corporate Valuation
33. Value Based Management
34. Mergers, Acquisitions, and Restructuring
35. Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation
36. Performance Measurement and Balanced Scorecard
Part X: Special Topics
37. International Financial Management
38. Financial Management in Sick Units
39. Financial Management in Intangible-Intensive Companies
40. Corporate Risk Management
|Book:||Financial Management: Theory And Practice|
|Publisher:||Tata McGraw Hill Education|
|Number of Pages:||1155|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.