From the pediatrician whose advice has shaped parenting practices for more than half a century, comes the essential parenting book—fully revised and updated for a new generation.
This timeless, classic bestseller has been revised by Dr. Robert Needlman, a top-notch physician who shares Dr. Spock’s philosophy. All Dr. Spock’s invaluable, time-tested advice is here, along with the most current medical practices and advances in health care, and a resource guide. More than ever before, this essential work will help all parents face their many challenges and responsibilities with new confidence and joy.
Updated information includes:
• Extensive coverage of nutrition and obesity, immunizations and preventive medicine, mental and emotional health, and environmental health
• Expanded coverage on multi-cultural families, family stress, children and the media, and children with special health care needs
• Common disorders, such as ADHD, depression, and autism— including medications and behavioral interventions
• Developmental, behavioral, and physical health
• And much more!
About The Author:
Benjamin Spock, M.D., practiced pediatrics in New York City from 1933 to 1947. He then became a medical teacher and researcher at the Mayo Clinic, the University of Pittsburgh, and Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. The author of eleven books, he was a political activist for causes that vitally affect children: disarmament, day care, schooling, housing, and medical care for all. He had two sons, a stepdaughter, and four grandchildren. Dr. Spock, who died March 15, 1998, at age ninety-four, was married to Mary Morgan. Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care has been translated into thirty-nine languages and has sold fifty million copies worldwide since its first publication in 1946.
Dr. Robert Needlman grew up in , attending the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools, where his mother was a preschool teacher. He graduated from with a BA in English Literature and earned his MD from . He trained in General Pediatrics and Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics at , where he led the development of Reach Out and Read, a project to promote reading aloud. ROR programs now help millions of children to grow up loving books (learn more at www.reachoutandread.org). In addition to being the revising co-author of Dr. Spock’s Baby and Child Care, 8th and 9th editions, he is the author of Dr. Spock’s Baby Basics and writes for Drspock.com. Dr. Needlman practices and teaches Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics at in and is Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He lives in with his wife, Carol Farver, a surgical pathologist and educator. Their daughter, Grace, is a graduate of , where she majored in Art.
|Book:||Dr. Spock's Baby And Child Care: 9th Edition|
|Author:||Benjamin M. D. Spock Robert Needlman|
|Number of Pages:||1168|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.