The United States now has the opportunity to take a global leadership position on a critical resource--water--that will become even more critical in the future. The world over, water is intricately linked to the stability and security of communities and nations, human health, education, economic prosperity, humanitarian relief, and stewardship of the physical environment. Beyond that, water is vital to other key resources essential to the human condition, most notably agriculture and energy.
Accordingly, CSIS has issued this Declaration on U.S. Policy and the Global Challenge of Water, which has been endorsed by over 35 leaders from business, government, and academia. Among other things, the declaration recommends the adoption of seven action steps:
1. The new U.S. president should spearhead a comprehensive and sustained global campaign to address the global challenge of water.
2. The president should develop an integrated strategy for national action on the global water campaign.
3. The president should appoint a special high-level representative to lead implementation of the U.S. global water campaign.
4. The special representative should be directly reinforced by a core team to help guide implementation of the water campaign, in addition to expanded capacities at the Department of State at the behest of the special representative.
5. The proposed U.S. campaign should be commensurate with the magnitude of the challenge--which means a significant increase in the amount and duration of resources committed under the campaign.
6. The U.S. government should attempt to energize and catalyze international efforts.
7. The U.S. government should reinforcepublic/private-sector partnerships.
|Book:||Declaration On U. S. Policy And The Global Challenge Of Water: A Report Of The Csis Global Water Futures Project|
|Author:||Bill Frist E. Neville Isdell Erik R. Peterson|
|Publisher:||Center for Strategic & International Studies|
|Number of Pages:||12|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.