This second edition relies on the same successful approach that distinguished the first: it covers the principles of database theory with unmatched thoroughness, and it rigorously links theory to the real world of database programming and administration. A careful discussion of SQL standards and a multitude of examples drawn from actual databases-Oracle, DB2, and Informix-complements the authors' concept-oriented instruction, allowing you to develop product-specific understanding and to learn the important differences between the SQL dialects that will enable you to write portable applications.
* Focuses extensively on the object-relational model that is rapidly gaining acceptance and revolutionizing the database industry. Collection types and UDF's are thoroughly covered.
* Introduces new relational features of SQL taken from the latest versions of today's most popular database products, Oracle, DB2, and Informix.
* Offers thorough coverage of the SQL-99 standard, including additions designed to help you take full advantage of the object-relational model.
* Provides expanded programming examples intended to improve your understanding of transaction processing and error handling.
* Explains clearly the principles of logical database design, including those relating to the E-R model and normalization, with a number of new illustrations and examples.
* Presents the latest indexing and query processing techniques, such as bitmap indexing, and shows how to use them to achieve significant performance improvements.
|Book:||Database: Principles, Programming, And Performance, Second Edition|
|Author:||Patrick O'neil Elizabeth O'neil Jim Gray|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.