In Classical Mechanics the concepts and theories of classical physics have been described in a way such as to cover an extensive field of physical phenomena. Laws of Mechanics have been applied to a variety of systems-atomic and electromagnetic etc. Problems from various university and competitive examinations have been worked out to aid in the understanding of the underlying theory and grasping its intricacies. subject matter is quite simplified and can be followed easily with the help of illustrations and solved problems. The book Completely covers the prescribed course of classical mechanics of all Indian Universities.
About the Author
Dr. S. L. Gupta, an eminent physicist retired as H.O.D. Physics at M.M. Post-graduate College, Modinagar after serving for forty years. He has also worked as Professor and Chief advisor in an Educational Foundation of repute for two years. He has published nearly twenty research papers in reputed National and International Journals and organised a number of national conferences. Dr. Gupta has held many academic positions in C.C.S. University Meerut like Convener of Board of Studies, Convener Research Degree Committee and Executive Councillor. Dr. Gupta has coauthored about fifteen science books which are nationally acclaimed.
Dr. V. Kumar is a postgraduate from Agra University with excellent academic carrier and Doctrate degree from the same university, has published fourteen research papers in National and International Journals of repute and has experience of teaching physics to postgraduate students for about forty years.
Dr. H. V. Sharma has taught various topics of physics at post-graduate and undergraduate level. At P.G. level, his interest has been in the field of Classical Mechanics and Electronics. He has teaching experience of over thirty years and is now retired. He did his Ph.D. in the field of Solid State Physics from the then University of Roorkee (now NT, Roorkee).
Table of Contents
1. Mechanics of a Particle and System of Particles
2. Variational Principal and Lagrangian Formulation
3. Hamiltonian Formulation of Mechanics
4. Motion Under Central Force: Two Body Problem
5. Rotating Frames and Relative Co-Ordinate Systems
6. Rigid Bodies- Kinematics and Dynamics
7. Special Relativity in Classical Mechanics
8. Mechanics of Small Oscillations and Continuous Systems
9. Transition from Classical Mechanics to Quantum Mechanics
|Author:||Gupta Kumar Sharma|
|Number of Pages:||412|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.