With your heavy case load, you can't afford to waste time searching for answers. Online and in print, Cardiology, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Crawford, DiMarco, and Paulus, offers you just the practical, problem-based guidance you need to quickly overcome any clinical challenge. 8 color-coded sections cover the 8 major clinical syndromes of cardiovascular diseaseeach section a virtual "mini textbook" on its topic! 40 new chapters keep you up to date with the latest advances in the field, while more than 2,000 lavish, high-quality illustrations, color photographs, tables, and ECGs capture clinical manifestations as they present in practice. Expert Consult functionality enables you to reference the complete contents from any location...and find the guidance you need in less time. It's current, actionable information that you can put to work immediately for your patients!
New to This Edition
- Offers a problem-based approach that integrates basic science, diagnostic investigations, and therapeutic management in one place for each cardiovascular disease so you can quickly find all of the actionable knowledge you need without flipping from one section to another.
- Features introductory bulleted highlights in each chapter that present the most pertinent information at a glance.
- Presents abundant algorithms to expedite clinical decision making.
- Includes more than 2,000 lavish, high-quality illustrations, color photographs, tables, and ECGs that capture clinical manifestations as they present in practice, and promote readability and retention.
About the Author Michael H. Crawford,
- Includes 40 new chapters including Inherited Arrhythmia Syndromes, Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in CHD, Management of the Cyanotic Patient with CHD, Special Problems for the Cardiology Consultant Dealing with Bariatric/Gastric Bypass — and many more — that equip you with all of the latest knowledge.
- Presents "Special Problem" sections—many new to this edition—that provide practical advice on problems that can be difficult to treat.
- Features online access through expertconsult.com where you can search the entire contents, download illustrations for your electronic presentations, and more.
MD, FACC, Professor of Medicine, Associate Chief of Cardiology for Clinical Programs, Division of Cardiology, University of California- San Francisco, CA, USA; John P. DiMarco,
MD, PhD, Julian R. Beckwith Professor of Medicine and Director, Cardiac Electrophysiology Laboratory, Cardiovascular Division, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA and Walter J. Paulus,
MD, PhD, Professor of Cardiac Pathophysiology, Free University Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Associate Director, Cardiovascular Center, Aalst, Belgium Table of Contents
- SECTION 1: ATHEROSCLEROSIS & PREVENTION
- Section Editor: David Waters
- Editor: Michael Crawford
- 1 Pathogenesis of atherosclerosis, Hansson, Goran and Nilsson, Jan
- 2 Genetics, Schunkert, Heribert
- 3 Risk Factors for Atherosclerotic Disease, Waters, David
- 4 Assessment of cardiac risk, Hobbs, Richard
- 5a Special Problems in the Prevention of Cardiac Disease: Diabetes mellitus type 2, Davis, Warren and Brown, W. Virgil
- 5b Special Problems in the Prevention of Cardiac Disease: Menopausal women, Davis, Warren and Brown, W. Virgil
- 5c Special Problems in the Prevention of Cardiac Disease: Nontraditional risk factors for coronary disease, Waters, David
- 6 Therapeutic approaches to the diabetic patient, Sweeney, Mary Ellen
- 7 Physical activity and the cardiovascular system, Maniu, Calin and Fletcher, Gerald
- 8 Therapy of hyperlipidemia, Mosca, Lori and Waters, David
- 9a Special Problems in Hyperlipidemia Therapy: Child with hypercholesterolemia, Davis, Warren and Brown, W. Virgil
- 9b Special Problems in Hyperlipidemia Therapy: Transplant patient, Davis, Warren and Brown, W. Virgil
- 9c Special Problems in Hyperlipidemia Therapy: Hypercholesterolemia in the elderly, Davis, Warren and Brown, W. Virgil
- 9d Special Problems in Hyperlipidemia Therapy: Elevated lipoprotein, Davis, Warren and Brown, W. Virgil
- NON CARDIAC VASCULAR DISEASES
- 10 Arterial diseases of the limbs, Fagrell, Bengt
- 11 Cardiovascular Disease, Stroke and Dementia, Miia Kivipelto, Babak Hooshmand, and alina Solomon
- 12 Thoracic aorta disease, Wernly, Jorge and Martinez, Jose
- 13 Abdominal aortic aneurysms, Shalhoub, Joseph and Franklin, Ian
- 14 Venous disease, Lee, Agnes
- 15 Surgery for vascular disease, Sillesen, Henrik
- 16a Special Problems in Vascular Disease: Compromise of an Internal Thoracic Artery to Coronary Artery Graft by Subclavian Artery Disease, Crawford, Michael
- 16b Special Problems in Vascular Disease: Localized Lymphedema, Crawford, Michael
- SECTION 2: ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE
- Section Editors: Erling Falk and Prediman K. Shah
- Editor: Michael Crawford
- 17 Physiology of coronary circulation, Feigl, Eric and Schaper, Wolfgang
- 18 Coronary artery anomalies, Taylor, Allen and Virmani, Renu
- 19 Pathophysiology of myocardial ischemia, Shah, Prediman and Falk, Erling
- 20 Non-invasive diagnosis of ischemic heart disease, Bourque, Jamieson and Beller, George
- 21 Invasive diagnosis of ischemic heart disease, Fearon, William
- STABLE CORONARY SYNDROMES
- 22 Chronic stable angina pectoris, Uhadani, Udho
- 23 Variant angina pectoris, Kaski, Juan Carlos and Espliguero, Ramon Arroyo
- 24 Microvascular angina pectoris and cardiac syndrome X, Botker, Hans Erik
- 25 Asymptomatic myocardial ischemia, Deedwania, Prakash
- 26a Special Problem