Fidel Castro condemns the impact of neoliberal globalization on developing nations as well as the advanced capitalist countries
Fidel Castro adds his voice to the growing international chorus against neoliberalism and the globalization of the world economy. He calls for the abolition of the IMF and asks: “Why not seek other formulas and admit that humankind is able to organize itself and its destiny in a more rational and humane manner?”
Fidel Castro also discusses
* the danger of a new stock market collapse
* U.S. cultural hegemony
* NATO’s war in Yugoslavia
* US “war on drugs” in Latin America
* the need to democratize the United Nations
* the catastrophe of capitalist reform in Russia
* the current state of US-Cuba relations
In the face of the “new world order,” Fidel comments: “To endure the global struggle between the super-powers is bad. To live under total hegemonic domination by one of them is worse.”
“Library shelves are full of books touting the wonders of globalization; perhaps there should also be room there for a dissenting voice. This volume collects speeches and written messages by Castro over the last two years… Castro has no objection to globalization; in fact, he considers it inevitable. What he objects to is the imposition of neoliberal capitalism in the name of globalization.” —Booklist
About The Author:
· Fidel Castro went into exile on his release from prison after initiating an armed attack against the Batista dictatorship. One night in Mexico he met a young Argentine doctor Ernesto Guevara. They talked until dawn, sharing their ideas and dreams, when "Che" agreed to join the expedition back to Cuba to restore popular rule. The rest is history
|Book:||Capitalism In Crisis: Globalization And World Politics Today|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.