With so many decisions to make in the areas of love and relationships, education and professional endeavors, success and personal happiness, it's no wonder that most of us seek good advice from the fount of collective human wisdom at one time or another. Here in one helpful compendium is the best advice ever recorded: a collection of personal tips, traditional proverbs, and clever observations--some gently inspiring and some profoundly life-changing--from the sages of the literary, political, spiritual, and psychological realms including:
In need of a bit of good advice? Well here is the best advice ever recorded--a compendium of personal tips, traditional proverbs, and clever observations from the literary, political, and entertainment world. The Best Advice Ever Given covers such diverse topics as life, love, success, forgiveness, friendship, character, health, and many more, including:
* "Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example."--Francois de La Rochefoucauld
* "The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want."--Ben Stein
* "Never play cards with a man called Doc. Never eat at a place called Mom's. Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own."--Nelson Algren
* "When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen."--Ernest Hemingway
* "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."--Oscar Wilde
* "The secret of business is to know something nobody else knows."--Aristotle Onassis
* "In baiting a mousetrap with cheese, be sure to leave room for the mouse."--H. H. Munro ("Saki")
* "Keep cool; anger is not an argument."--Daniel Webster
* "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."--Source Unknown
* "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."--John F. Kennedy
* "If someone offers you a breath mint, accept it."--H. Jackson Brown
* "In the fight between you and the world, back the world."--Franz Kafka
|Book:||The Best Advice Ever Given|
|Author:||Steven D. Price(Editor) Steven D. Price(Introduction)|
|Publisher:||Lyons Press, The|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.