Revised and in print since 1957, An Atlas of World Affairs has proved a valued guide to the people, factions and events that have shaped the modern world from the second world war to the present day.
The world map has changed dramatically since the publication of the ninth edition of An Atlas of World Affairs. This tenth edition has been thoroughly revised and updated, placing international issues and conflicts in their most recent geographical contexts through the integration of a hundred maps. Material on new issues includes the break up of the Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia, the expansion of the European Union, the reshaping of South Africa and the pressing environmental concerns faced by many of the new sovereign states
About The Author:
Andrew Boyd began his acquaintance with international affairs in 1946, when as a British liaison officer he attended the very first sessions of the United Nations (his other books include three about the UN). He travelled widely and reported on international affairs while writing on world affairs for The Economist for thirty-seven years.
Joshua Comenetz has used cartographic methods to visualize spatial data and explain the causes and effects of international conflicts, demographic change and natural disasters since 1990. As a consultant he has solved problems in areas ranging from political redistricting to ethnic and religious mapping, and he has taught international relations and geography at university level.
Table Of Contents:
1. People and Pressure 2. Economic Groupings 3. Energy 4. Nuclear Geography 5. Sea Law 6. No Longer Three Worlds 7. United Nations 8. Terrorism 9. Commonwealth 10. Europe: East and West 11. Atlantic Alliance 12. European Unities 13. Germany 14. Central and Eastern Europe 15. Former Yugoslavia, Albania 16. Former Soviet Union 17. Russia 18. Baltic to Black Sea 19. Caucasus 20. Ex-Soviet Central Asia 21. Scandinavia 22. Northern Seas 23. Minorities and Micro-States 24. Ireland 25. Gibraltar 26. Cyprus, Greece, and Turkey 27. Asia and Africa 28. Islam 29. The Arab World 30. Africa 31. Southern Africa 32. Central Africa 33. Angola and Namibia 34. Republic of South Africa 35. Sudan and the Horn of Africa 36. East Africa 37. Nigeria and Guinea Coast 38. Ex-French Africa 39. North Africa 40. Morocco and Western Sahara 41. Middle East and North African Oil 42. Suez and Indian Ocean 43. Israel and Arabs I 44. Israel and Arabs II 45. Lebanon and Syria 46. Arabia 47. Gulf States and Iran 48. Iraq’s Wars 49. Kurds 50. Afghanistan 51. South Asia I 52. South Asia II 53. Himalayas, Tibet, Burma 54. China and Russia 55. China and Other Neighbours 56. Taiwan 57. Hong Kong and Macau 58. Japan 59. Korea 60. South-East Asia 61. Indochina 62. Cambodia 63. Malaysia and Singapore 64. Indonesia and New Guinea 65. Australia and New Zealand 66. South Pacific 67. America and the Pacific 68. United States of America 69. Canada 70. Mexico 71. Central America, Caribbean, Cuba 72. Colombia and Panama 73. East Caribbean, Guianas, Venezuela 74. Latin America 75. Argentina and Falklands 76. Antarctic 77. Arctic
To try again, please visit the B&N Marketplace.
|Book:||An Atlas Of World Affairs|
|Author:||Andrew Boyd Joshua Comenetz|
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis, Inc.|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.