This is the story of how video games capture our imaginations and influence our world.
While video games are still a relatively young medium, the industry has seen staggering progress in its forty-year history, both technologically and as an artistic form. The Art of Video Games: From Pac-Man to Mass Effect explores this rapid development, as well as the evolution from the early days of 8-bit to the complex visual epics that now form the core of an industry rivaling Hollywood in revenue and cultural impact.
Author Chris Melissinos delves into five eras and eighty of the most popular games ever produced to offer a revealing look into the game industry, the many influences on designers, and the persistent impact games have had on the broader culture. Included are interviews with the industry's most influential artists and designers, from early pioneers such as Nolan Bushnell to contemporary developers including Kellee Santiago and Tim Schafer.
The result is a lively record of technological and artistic innovation, abundantly illustrated and impressive in scope.
The Art of Video Games includes:
· Still images and art from eighty games, from classics like Pac-Man and Space Invaders to contemporary blockbusters like BioShock and Uncharted.
· Stories behind the development of the most innovative and influential games.
· Interviews with artists, designers, and pioneers in the game industry, including Warren Spector, Cliff Bleszinski, Tommy Tallerico, Ron Gilbert, Don Daglow, Ed Fries, and many more!
|Book:||The Art of Video Games: From Pac-Man to Mass Effect|
|Author:||Chris Melissinos Elizabeth Broun Elizabeth Broun(Foreword by)|
|Number of Pages:||256|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.