About the Book: The ABC of CBC Interpretation of Complete Blood Count and Histograms
This book aims to help the student bridge the gap between the classroom and clinical practice; introducing the automation principles in hematology along with interpretation and deciphering of various parameters like RDW and histograms which carry a lot of encrypted diagnostic information, because eyes can see only those things which brain knows. Although the data of the automated blood count alone will not guarantee a specific diagnosis in every case, nor does every disease have a single pattern of abnormality, rather these values should be used to narrow the differential diagnosis as much as possible, so that more expensive and time requiring, confirmatory battery of expensive investigations like Vitamin B12, folic acid, serum iron, TIBC estimations or Hb electrophoresis, etc. is done only selectively and invasive procedures like bone marrow aspiration and biopsy can be avoided, by proper evaluation of CBC.
1. Introduction and significance of CBC
2. Red blood cell
3. Red blood cell on peripheral smear
4. White blood cell
6. Manual v/s Automation
7. General principle of histogram generation and interpretation
10. Case studies
11. Quality control
|Book:||The ABC of CBC Interpretation of Complete Blood Count and Histograms|
|Publisher:||Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers|
|Number of Pages:||192|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.