About the Book: The 7 Laws of Magical Thinking
Prepare for Friday the 13th with this bold and fun look at how superstition is good for you.
Everyone-even the most jaded and sceptical- believes in magic. Drawing on evolution, neuroscience, and social psychology, Matthew Hutson reveals the healing power of John Lennon's piano; the reason gamblers kiss their tickets; and why admitting you have no free will staves off addiction. In fact, the key to happiness, health, creativity, social intelligence, and good fortune is admitting when you don't have free will and embracing superstition and other magic instead.
The 7 Laws:
1) contagion works;
2) similarities carry a spell;
3) superstitions make you lucky;
4) mind does triumph over matter;
5) souls live on (forget death);
6) people see people everywhere;
7) everything happens for a reason
About the Author: Matthew Hutson
Matthew Hutson is former News Editor at Psychology Today. He has written for a range of magazines, including Wired, Discover, and the New York Times Magazine. This is his first book.
The perfect blend of astonishing stories, up-to-date science, awe, beauty, disgust, and humour."- Jonathan Haidt, author of The Happiness Hypothesis"Remarkably creative." -Bruce Hood, author of SuperSense and The Self Illusion
|Book:||The 7 Laws of Magical Thinking|
|Number of Pages:||304|
Please Note -
* We sell only NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are not added by BookAdda.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher / distributor.
BookAdda (www.bookadda.com) is a premier online book store in selling books online across India at the most competitive prices. BookAdda sells fiction, business, non fiction, literature, AIEEE, medical, engineering, computer book, etc. The books are delivered across India FREE of cost.